The Laos National Taskforce Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control are now keen to get the last three infected cases totally recover and treated, so that they can be discharged from the hospital as soon as possible.
Laos Deputy Minister of Health Phouthone Meaungpak told a press conference in Lao capital Vientiane on Monday that the total number of COVID-19 confirmed cases in the country remained at 19, as no new case was confirmed for 50 consecutive days.
The remaining three Covid-19 patients have light symptoms and they will be released from hospital if they test negative twice for the virus,Meaungpak said.
The three infected cases included an 18-year-old man, who was confirmed as the eighth case and treated since March 28; the 10th case, a 21-year-old woman, who was treated since April 1; the 17th case, a 32-year-old woman, who was treated since April 11.
On Sunday, a total of 1,688 people entering Laos through international border checkpoints.
Of these, 976 people crossed the border with Thailand, all of them were truck drivers bringing freight into Laos.
A total of 20 truck drivers entered Laos from China, while 683 truck drivers entered laos from Vietnam.
At all border crossings, the temperature of each person entering Laos was checked and no one showed signs of fever.
The National Taskforce Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control on Monday also announced it had been monitoring 2,336 people at 70 accommodation centres across the country.
As of Monday, Laos has tested 7,180 suspected cases with 19 cases tested positive, and 16 patients have recovered.
Another three infected cases are treated in designated hospital -- Mittaphab Hospital (Hospital 150) in Laos capital Vientiane.
Laos announced its first two Covid-19 confirmed cases on March 24. - Xinhua/Asian News Network