Home > News > Nation
Sunday July 6, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Sunday July 6, 2014 MYT 8:58:17 AM
Is this for r eal?: One of the billboards showing the businessman from China can be seen along a highway.
BUTTERWORTH: A prominent billboard showing a businessman Zhang Jian from China, put up near the Penang Bridge toll plaza here, will be brought down following a police report and a complaint to the Seberang Prai Municipal Council (MPSP).
The billboard states “Bakal orang terkaya di dunia – En Zhang Jian (the future richest person in the world – Mr Zhang Jian)” and bears two website addresses.
MPSP councillor Michael Tan said the council received a complaint from the public who made a police report on the content of the billboard.
“We served notice to the billboard owner on June 18 to bring it down.
“The owner is supposed to bring down the billboard within 44 days from the date the notice was served,” he said.
Tan said the owner responded last week that they would be removing the billboard by July 16, although the current permit for the billbaord runs until November.
When contacted, state MCA Public Services and Complaints Bureau adviser Lim Thoon Deong said they had not received any complaints from the public concerning the matter.
“We have handled many get-rich scheme cases, and if the allegations are true, this could be a new way to cheat the public.
“The public can come and see us for assistance. We can help to facilitate and work with the police,” he said.
Giant billboards promoting scheme not what they seem
Tags / Keywords:
Courts & Crime, Zhang Jian, China, no reports
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)