X Close

Nation

Published: Wednesday June 11, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Wednesday June 11, 2014 MYT 7:36:41 AM

Four of 14 held for gang rape of minors to be charged

KOTA BARU: Four of the 14 people being detained in connection with the gang rape of two girls, aged 15 and 17, in Ketereh last month will be charged in court soon, according to police.

They said the hunt for seven more suspects, all in their 20s, was continuing. Kelantan police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Jalaluddin Abdul Rahman said the State Prosecution Chief had given consent to charge the four suspects with gang rape under Section 376 (2) of the Penal Code read together with Section 34.

“The investigations will stay open until all involved in the case are brought to justice,” he added in a statement here yesterday.

DCP Jalaluddin denied reports that the 15-year-old schoolgirl was gang raped by as many as 38 males, but said the suspects had repeatedly violated the victim. He said the 14 being detained were as young as 15 and as old as 38, who was being held with his two sons.

DCP Jalaluddin also said the first victim told police that she was raped at two empty houses in Kampung Hutan Pasir Ketereh.

“According to her, she was raped by 13 males at the first location, and eight at the second location. The second victim said she was raped together with the schoolgirl at the second location,” he said.

Tags / Keywords: Courts & Crime, rape, kelantan

advertisement

  1. Husband forces pregnant wife to have sex with Bangladeshi worker
  2. Zahid Hamidi: Majority of non-Malays moderate, respect other races
  3. UM law lecturer Azmi Sharom denies sedition charge
  4. Langkawi Sky Bridge to reopen in December
  5. Time to call a spade a spade

advertisement

advertisement