Applications for permits restarted last Wednesday (Jan 13).
As of 2pm on Friday (Jan 15), 14 camping permits and 29 barbecue pit permits have been issued, the National Parks Board (NParks) said in response to Straits Times queries.
In line with the multi-ministry task force's latest advisory for the Covid-19 situation, NParks is reopening half of all camping sites and barbecue pits, said Sophianne Araib, NParks' group director for parks.
Applications can be made on NPark's website for permits for camping at East Coast Park, Pasir Ris Park and West Coast Park, and for barbecue pits at seven parks, including Changi Beach Park, Sembawang Park and West Coast Park. Camping permits for Ubin can be applied for on this website.
"Participants will need to adhere to safe management measures, including checking in with the SafeEntry QR code on the TraceTogether app, or bringing their TraceTogether token," she said.
To ensure safe distancing, camping tents must be pitched at least 5m apart, with the number of campers kept at six per camping permit.
Six was also the permitted group size for camping before Covid-19.
Eight people are allowed at each barbecue pit, with permits valid from noon to 10.30pm. These measures are aligned with the safe management guidelines for food and beverage outlets, said Sophianne.
"Participants should also observe other safe management measures such as wearing a mask except when engaging in strenuous exercises or consuming food, drink or medication, as well as observing a safe distance of at least 1m from other visitors," she said.
She added that there should also be no intermingling between different groups.
"We hope all park visitors will be socially responsible and keep our green spaces safe for everyone," said Sophianne.
Anyone intending to visit the parks can check the Safe Distance @ Parks portal for the latest updates on crowd levels.
The latest Covid-19 advisories for gardens, parks and nature reserves can also be found on the NParks website.
Meanwhile, there were 30 new coronavirus cases confirmed as of Sunday noon (Jan 17), taking Singapore's total to 59,113.
There were 28 imported cases who had been placed on stay-home notice on arrival in Singapore, said the Ministry of Health (MOH).
Sunday's figure also included two community cases.
No new cases from within workers' dormitories were announced.
Overall, the number of new cases in the community has decreased from eight cases in the week before to six cases in the past week, said MOH.
The number of unlinked cases in the community in a week has also decreased from five cases to four over the same period.
With 13 cases discharged on Saturday, 58,769 patients have fully recovered from the disease.
A total of 54 patients remained in hospital on Saturday, with none in intensive care, while 216 were recuperating in community facilities.
Singapore has had 29 deaths from Covid-19 complications, while 15 who tested positive have died of other causes.
Globally, the virus outbreak, which began in December 2019, has infected more than 94.9 million people. More than two million people have died. - The Straits Times/Asian News Network
Did you find this article insightful?
100% readers found this article insightful