Explosion near oil platform in Bintulu claims two lives


SIBU: Two workers were reported dead and one injured in an explosion involving a ship near an oil platform in Bintulu, northern Sarawak, early Saturday (Aug 3).

A spokesman for the Sarawak Fire and Rescue Department's Operations Centre said three members of the Emergency Medical Rescue Services (EMRS) from the Bintulu Fire and Rescue Station were deployed to the Bintulu Port jetty after receiving a call to assist Health Ministry (MOH) personnel from Bintulu Hospital in handling the three victims who had been brought to the jetty.

"The EMRS team was instructed to standby at the location in case they were needed to transport the victims to the hospital.

"Two victims were confirmed dead by MOH personnel at the scene, while the third victim was taken to Bintulu Hospital by an MOH ambulance," he said. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
workers , dead , injured , explosion , ship , oil platform , Bintulu

Next In Nation

Selangor Sultan urges state govt to continue prioritising people's well-being
Illegal gold mining threatens lives, environment, says Kelantan MB
Smart campus tech framework to drive UKKM development, says Sim
Kota Baru man found dead in bathroom
GSF 2.0: All 428 activists released, Malaysians expected home on May 24
Royal decree should be viewed as guidance, not political interference, says Tengku Zafrul
Man found dead in pool of blood outside Pekan Nenas restaurant
Federal Highway motorcycle lane upgrade to be done in August
Gold mining tragedy in Jeli leaves pregnant mother of four widowed
Jakoa denies restricting entry of outsiders into Orang Asli villages

Others Also Read