NUJ calls for suspension of The Edge to be lifted


PETALING JAYA: The Home Ministry must state clearly how The Edge Weekly and The Edge Financial Daily are deemed to be a threat to national security, said the National Union of Journalists (NUJ) Malaysia.

In a statement by its president Chin Sung Chew on Friday, NUJ said that both publications had published articles related to 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) with public interest in mind and the people have the right to know what is happening in the government investment arm.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Woman dies in Sandakan house fire
Dead elephant discovered in Sabah forest reserve with head hacked off
Court to deliver verdict in former Sabah water dept director graft case today
Malaysia launches AP-UAP at World Urban Forum
Retired policeman found dead in Melaka home
Pipe burst in Butterworth disrupts water supply in Penang
722,151 travellers use Penang airport’s new autogate system since end of December last year
Signs of change on the streets
Aqasha to play role of Hang Tuah in musical
M’sia set for GDP growth

Others Also Read