Wisma Putra: No Malaysians involved in Medan plane crash


Indonesian search and rescue teams work at the site of the crash in Medan. - AFP

PETALING JAYA: No Malaysians have been reported to be part of the 116 feared dead after an Indonesian air force transport plane crashed in Medan, Indonesia shortly after take-off.

The Foreign Ministry said in a statement Tuesday that a check with the Consulate General of Malaysia in Medan has confirmed that so far, no Malaysians were found to be involved in the tragedy.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Private doctors win temporary relief over drug price display rule
Public-private model for Johor E-ART project carries significant risks, says Dr Wee
Flood cover take-up in Sabah, Sarawak lags national average
Penang police bust drug syndicate, seize RM88,000 worth of narcotics
Pressure on neck caused death of seven-month-old, says Seremban OCPD
Steamboat chain manager charged with CBT involving RM1.5mil
Grace period until June 22 for errant employers to register, says PERKESO
75-year-old pleads not guilty to reckless driving charge in Klang hit-and-run case
High Court stays drug price marking order pending judicial review filed by MMA
Three scam syndicates busted in Puchong raids, 29 foreign nationals arrested

Others Also Read