Home > News > Nation
Sunday June 22, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Sunday June 22, 2014 MYT 7:11:55 AM
PETALING JAYA: The disabled boy who was discovered malnourished and suspected of being abused is doing fine after medical treatment.
Negri Sembilan’s women, family and community development exco Datuk Norhayati Omar said preliminary medical tests performed on the boy showed he was fine.
“However, doctors are trying to establish why he has lost so much weight and is malnourished,” she said, adding that Muhammad Firdaus was also given a hair cut and bath when he was brought to the hospital.
A state welfare department official said the boy would be sent to one of its homes where his condition would be monitored for 30 days.
“We will only decide on the next course of action after we complete the investigations,” said the official.
Meanwhile, Nilai OCPD Abdullah Roning said police would also probe the matter under the Child Act 2001 and determine if the mother had been negligent in looking after the boy.
Women, Family and Community Development Minister Datuk Rohani Abdul Karim said she was appalled and saddened by the incident.
Rohani said preliminary investigations showed that the boy was living with his mother as his parents were divorced.
The boy’s mother had told the authorities that she did not abuse or neglect her child.
Tags / Keywords:
Courts Crime, OKU boy Rohani abuse
Dr Jane Goodall: Small efforts from all can collectively make a difference
Sacked police chief tells why ops to nab Marwan kept secret
MH370: Press conference called off
Najib visits Nik Aziz in hospital
Plenty of great fun and adventure pursuits in Adelaide
Healthy living in the heart of Ampang
Samsung's smartphone primacy under threat from Apple after weak Q4
RM3,824 goods seized in Ops Catut
Portugal quick to back Figo's FIFA campaign
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)