Missing MAS flight: I'm still at the beach, says owner of stolen Italian passport


KUALA LUMPUR: Luigi Maraldi, the Italian citizen, whose passport went missing while he was in Phuket last year, is surprised that his name turned up in the flight manifest of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

Speaking to The Star, the 37-year-old, who is currently in Phuket for a vacation, said he had met with the Thai police and immigration department, as well as the Italian embassy, following the discovery that his identity may had been stolen by an individual aboard the flight which went off the radar at 1.30am Saturday.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
KLIA , Missing flight , MAS , MH370 , Passport , Luigi Maraldi

Next In Nation

Anwar arrives in Brunei for Annual Leaders' Consultation
Perhilitan captures 500kg crocodile in Sungai Linggi
Police have initiated five investigations over Tabung Haji issue, 127 questioned
Malaysia to use Asean diplomatic channels to address trans-boundary haze
Govt challenges Semantan valuer's Duta Enclave land valuation
Approximately 80% of Malaysian users turn to TikTok for learning, culture and well-being
Cops seize RM12.8mil in smuggled booze and ciggies during two Klang Valley raids
Thorough consideration needed before forming political alliances, says BN chief
Malaysians travelling abroad must respect foreign laws, says Ahmad Zahid
Serian records very unhealthy API, nine other areas in S'wak record unhealthy readings as of 4pm

Others Also Read