China's state-owned sector told to cut ties with US consulting firms


LONDON: China has told its state-owned enterprises to sever links with American consulting firms just days after the US charged five Chinese military officers with hacking US companies, the Financial Times reported on Sunday.

The May 19 indictment was the first criminal hacking charge the US has filed against specific foreign officials. It follows a steady increase in public criticism and private confrontation, including at a summit last year between US President Barack Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Business News

Up in Arms - or up the value chain?
Ringgit closes higher against greenback on cautious market sentiment
T7 Global subsidiary appointed panel contractor for PETRONAS
YTL inks RM200mil naming rights deal with Aviva for Bristol arena
KL High Court dismisses appeals of former Jalatama officers
Well Chip posts FY25 net profit jump to RM86.15mil
Angkasa targets 2026 revenue to reach up to RM75bil
Aeon Credit issues RM100mil five-year senior sukuk
Late bargain-hunting lifts Bursa Malaysia to end higher
Net foreign inflows into Malaysian bonds reach RM951.9mil in January - RAM Ratings

Others Also Read