U.S. says ready for North Korea threat, no comment on future test-launch


WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Pentagon said on Thursday that it was ready to deal with provocative acts by North Korea, even during the presidential transition about to take place on Friday, but declined comment about intelligence on a possible future missile test-launch.

Reuters reported earlier on Thursday that the United States was seeing activity in North Korea indicating a possible ballistic missile test, including positioning of two mobile missile launchers. Still, the timing of the test and range of the missile remained unclear, the officials said.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

Trump meets Vietnam leader, vows to remove Hanoi from restricted lists
Analysis-Supreme Court checks Trump's expansive view of executive power
Trump furious after Supreme Court upends his global tariffs, imposes new 10% levy
US says it struck vessel in the eastern Pacific, killing three men
1st LD: Trump says he will sign order imposing 10 pct global tariff
Tajikistan's population reaches 10.72 million
Switzerland takes men's curling bronze, Sweden, Switzerland set up women's final at Milan-Cortina
Coventry hails Milan-Cortina Games as 'truly successful'
Medal table at Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics on February 20
U.S. stocks close higher

Others Also Read