Lorry almost completely razed on Karak Expressway


KUALA LUMPUR: A 10-tonne lorry was almost completely razed in a fire along the Karak Expressway.

Selangor Fire and Rescue Department assistant director Ahmad Mukhlis Mukhtar said the distress call was received at about 7.24am on Wednesday (July 16).

"The incident occurred at an exit after Genting Sempah. The lorry was 90% burnt in the fire," he said in a statement.

A total of 10 firemen were dispatched to the scene, he added.

So far, no one was hurt during the incident.

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Haze: Six areas in Sarawak record unhealthy API readings as at 9am
MPE seeks stronger Malaysia-Laos trade ties via ASEAN+3 Summit
Singapore's cross-border Causeway Link buses from Newton, Queen Street to go cashless from Aug 20
Investigation papers on fatal immigration lorry crash submitted to AGC
Death of Rocky: No signs of gathering at court complex, situation calm
Do you know ... about the bubu?
Proposed Mara Bill likely to be tabled in November
Employers call for evidence-based minimum wage review
Short trips with memories that last
‘Tax reform must not tie up working capital’

Others Also Read