Skipper and crewman arrested over Sabah boat mishap


Twenty Chinese tourists were rescued a short while after the skipper and a crewman of the catamaran were found near Pulau Tiga. - NORMIMIE DIUN / The Star

KOTA KINABALU: The skipper and a crewman of the ill-fated catamaran that sank while on a journey to Pulau Mengalum on Saturday have been detained.

Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Ramli Din said both men had been held under Section 304A of the Penal Code for causing death by negligence.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Teen nabbed for allegedly slashing security supervisor at Cheras mini mart
Malaysia Airlines expands fleet with 200th Boeing aircraft, new generation Boeing 737-8 jet
Queen launches Navy’s littoral mission ship batch 2, Tunku Laksamana Abdul Jalil
NS State Assembly should be dissolved to return mandate to people, says Loke
Teen’s body found in Dungun drowning, brother still missing
53 vie for Unduk Ngadau Harvest Queen crown this year
Friends devastated after failing to save siblings swept away in river
Thunderstorm, heavy rain warning for Labuan, nine states until 7pm
Kelantan says existing water treatment plants insufficient
Kedah Education Dept investigates school bullying allegations

Others Also Read