MH370 search resumes on France’s Reunion island


Police officers from Saint-Benoit's gendarmerie look for debris from the ill-fated Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 on a beach in Sainte-Marie de la Reunion on August 8, 2015. -AFP

SAINT-DENIS DE LA REUNION: The hunt for more wreckage from the missing MH370 resumed on France’s Reunion island in the Indian Ocean on Sunday after being suspended due to bad weather, local officials said.

A search plane circled overhead and foot patrols combed the eastern coastline of the island, resuming a hunt that had been halted on Friday evening.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
MH370 , Malaysian Airlines , missing plane , MAS

Next In World

Attackers kill at least 50, abduct women and children in Nigeria's Zamfara state
Iran prepares counterproposal as Trump weighs strikes
Trump orders temporary 10% global tariff to replace duties struck down by US Supreme Court
UK gov't considers removing Andrew from royal line of succession: media
Flash: Trump says he will sign order imposing 10 pct global tariff
Rijpma-de Jong wins women's 1,500m gold at Milan-Cortina Winter Games
Flash: Trump threatens alternatives to tariffs after Supreme Court ruling
Feature: Two titles, one family in Olympic aerials
Feature: Maier turns Beijing tears to golden joy at 2026 Winter Olympics
De Beers reports challenging trading conditions for rough diamonds in 2025

Others Also Read