Home > News > Nation
Thursday August 14, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Thursday August 14, 2014 MYT 8:15:26 AM
SEGAMAT: A pharmacist due to be married next year was electrocuted while using the water heater at her home here.
D. Anitha (pic), 27, died while taking a shower before going to work at the Segamat Hospital at about 8.30pm on Tuesday.
Her 54-year-old father, who asked to be identified only as Dason, said he did not suspect anything amiss but had wondered why his daughter was taking so long in the shower.
“After about an hour, I knocked on the bathroom door but there was no answer,” he told reporters.
He then forced open the door and saw Anitha on the floor.
“She was still clutching the shower head. I turned off the main power switch before rushing her to the hospital,” Dason said.
But his daughter was already dead.
Anitha was his youngest child.
“We planned to get her married in May next year,” Dason said.
His four other children were married and had moved out of the family home in Jalan Hassan.
He added that there was nothing wrong with the water heater prior to the incident.
In September last year, a Japanese couple was electrocuted by a faulty water heater in their apartment in Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
The housekeeper found the bodies of the married couple, both aged 38, in the 13th floor apartment at about 10am.
The husband was a factory manager and the couple had a six-month-old baby boy.
Tags / Keywords:
Courts Crime, segamat, shower, electrocuted
Do more to help women attain top posts, organisations urged
Lorry driver’s death linked to farm debts
Housing to be a hot topic
Exhibitors vying for strategic booths at fair
Star-studded expo a big draw
Hisham: Sea disputes can be resolved via trust
Nazri: I was speaking the truth about Sabah security
Singapore to regulate taxi-booking apps Uber, GrabTaxi
The trials and tribulations of Sarajevo are being replaced with good tidings
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)