Home > News > Nation
Saturday April 5, 2014 MYT 12:43:00 PM
Saturday April 5, 2014 MYT 7:06:13 PM
by t. avineshwaran
Chrisanne Chin’s toe after the bite.
PETALING JAYA: It was a painful night out for Chrisanne Chin after her toe was bitten, presumably by a rat, while watching a movie at Golden Screen Cinemas (GSC) at the Mid Valley Megamall in Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday.
Chin felt a sharp pain on her toe and immediately cried out just as the movie was at its climactic end.
She was shocked to see blood oozing from her toe when the lights came on.
"We approached GSC staff immediately and they brought out a first aid kit to clean the wound.
"I also filed an official complaint with GSC and the management was kind enough to give us a refund on our movie tickets," she said, adding that she went to a hospital to receive an anti-tetanus injection.
"They (GSC) told me to send my medical bill to them," said Chin, who also does TV and movie reviews for an online portal.
Chin said this is a serious issue and GSC should look into it.
"Public health and safety is paramount. I'm a regular GSC patron and this is hugely disappointing for me, as I'm a huge movie fan and writing film reviews is one of my hobbies.
"We just want the cinema hall to be clean and I hope GSC takes serious action before more people get hurt," she said.
Chin posted a picture of her bandaged toe on her Facebook page which has been shared by at least 700 people on Saturday.
GSC has since publicly apologised on their Facebook page and they are already working with relevant parties on this matter.
"We are truly sorry to hear that one of our customers recently was affected by the recent pest incident at GSC Mid Valley. The affected customer has been attended to.
"We would like to assure you that pest control management is part of GSC's standard practice as we take the comfort of our customers very seriously," said the statement.
Tags / Keywords:
Toe, GSC, Rat Bite
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)