Home > News > Nation
Saturday March 8, 2014 MYT 10:20:00 AM
Saturday March 8, 2014 MYT 10:22:27 AM
PETALING JAYA: Malaysian Airlines Group Chief Executive Officer, Ahmad Jauhari Yahya (pic) in a statement on Saturday said the airline has already started contacting the families of the passengers and crew to keep them updated.
“We deeply regret that we have lost all contact with flight MH370 which departed Kuala Lumpur at 12.41 am earlier this morning bound for Beijing.
“The passengers on board were of 13 different nationalities and we have started contacting their families,” he said.
Ahmad Jauhari said MAS is currently working with authorities who have activated their Search and Rescue team to locate the aircraft.
“The focus of the airline is to work with the emergency responders and authorities and mobilise its full support and the airline will provide regular updates on the situation.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with all affected passengers and crew and their family members,” he added.
The public may contact +603 7884 1234. For media queries, kindly contact +603 8777 5698/ +603 8787 1276.
Earlier on Saturday, Malaysian Airlines confirmed that flight MH370 which was to arrive in Beijing at 6.30am on Saturday morning was reported to have lost all contact with the Subang Air Traffic Control at around 2.40am.
Civil societies want Parliament to debate Rohingya crisis
Man brutally killed while out buying fiancee's medicine
Habitual traffic offender finally caught
Lawyer wrongfully accused of sodomy may appeal further
No problem hanging out with George Clooney
Passion and food go hand in hand
Capture beauty of China to win a free trip
MATTA launches GST navigator
Show of moves and grooves
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)