Alonso puts in the laps and laughs off rumours


McLaren Formula One driver Fernando Alonso of Spain poses for a selfie with a supporter during the second testing session ahead of the upcoming season at the Circuit Barcelona-Catalunya in Montmelo, Spain, February 23, 2016. REUTERS/Sergio Perez

BARCELONA (Reuters) - Fernando Alonso sought to put an end to speculation about his Formula One future on Tuesday after a positive first run in the new McLaren a year on from a heavy testing crash that left him in hospital.

The double world champion, who did 119 laps of Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya compared to just six on a troublesome first day in Jerez last year, faced questions about his commitment to the Honda-powered team after a nightmare 2015.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Motorsport

Motor racing-Hamilton says he forgot who he was but has re-set for new season
Motor racing-Leclerc fastest for Ferrari on final day of F1 testing
Motor racing-Russell concerned by Ferrari's fast starts and his slow ones
Motor racing-Honda battery issue adds to Aston Martin's testing woes
Motor racing-F1 will thrill in new engine era and Verstappen sure to stay, Domenicali says
Motor racing-Norris amused by reaction to his comments on new F1 cars
Motor racing-Wolff accuses F1 engine rivals of ganging up against Mercedes
Motor racing-Barcelona to stay on F1 calendar, to alternate with Belgium until 2032
Motor racing-Mercedes end first Bahrain F1 test one-two on the timesheets
Motor racing-Formula E boss invites Verstappen to try electric after F1 car comments

Others Also Read