AirAsia QZ8501: Only three bodies recovered, not 40, says search agency chief


Bambang Soelistyo (right), the Head of the Indonesian National Search and Rescue Agency (Basarnas), speaks during a news conference updating journalists about the search and rescue operation for the missing AirAasia plane, in Jakarta, Indonesia, 30 December 2014. - EPA

JAKARTA: Indonesia's National Search and Rescue Agency (Basarnas) chief said Tuesday that just three bodies had been recovered so far in the search for the Indonesia AirAsia flight QZ8501 plane which crashed in the Java Sea, after another official said 40 had been found.

"Today (Tuesday) we evacuated three bodies and they are now in the warship Bung Tomo," F.H. Bambang Soelistyo told a news conference in Jakarta, adding that they were two females and one male.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
AirAsia , Indonesia , Singapore , QZ8501 , Basarnas , Bodies

Next In Nation

Scheduled water rationing in Kluang, Pontian ends
Chinese national feared drowned in Langkawi
Make mosques centres of unity, not exclusive domain of any group, says Pahang Sultan
Umno Supreme Working Council to decide on Bersatu members rejoining party, says Ahmad Maslan
3,685 flee homes as floods worsen in Sabah
Border control seizes RM1.9mil in animal products
Elderly woman stabbed by daughter with can opener in Johol
MMEA assures transparent probe into personnel misconduct
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah held nationwide
M’sia eyes stronger ties with new PM

Others Also Read