Police widen probe into Sabah secession movement


KOTA KINABALU:  Police have expanded investigations into the case of a woman believed to be a Sabahan living abroad, said Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Jalaluddin Abdul Rahman on Sunday.

The woman is allegedly the spokesperson for a group that wants Sabah to secede from Malaysia

However, Jalaluddin, who spoke at a press conference here after attending an Aidiladha reception at the Nur Islam Mosque here said he could not divulge anything more as the matter was confidential. 

"The police have expanded the investigation, including securing the assistance of several quarters," he added. 

The woman, who goes by the name of Doris Jones, has a Facebook account that proposes seceding Sabah and Sarawak from Malaysia. 

Asked whether Doris was still abroad, Jalaluddin said she was. 

It had been reported that the police were looking for Doris to assist in the investigation to the issue of Sabah seceding from Malaysia. - Bernama

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Domestic Trade Ministry mobilises 2,400 enforcement officers for Ops Pantau 2026
Floods: 245 evacuated in Tawau
MCA open to work with ex-Bersatu members
Pangolin still in danger despite reduced threat in Sabah
Economic opportunities for Penang predicted to prosper mid-2026
Broader statutory body to oversee premium crops
Shattered dreams behind the bridal veil
Easing financial hardships�
Displaced families seek refuge as rains continue
Flood response in full swing

Others Also Read