MH17 crash: Route used was safe, says Liow


Liow, who spoke at a press conference at the Sama-Sama Hotel here on Friday denied that MAS had used the route to save on fuel costs. 

"The route was an approved path that had been used for ten years by MAS and other aircraft, and 15 out of 16 Asia-Pacific countries use that route which has been determined by the ICAO. There was nothing informing us that the route should not be used. For many years, we have taken the same route and many other countries have also used the same route. In fact during that time, many other aircraft were using the same route," said Liow. 

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
MH17 crash , MAS , Ukraine , safety , ICAO , route

Next In Nation

Flood situation worsens in northern Sabah as evacuees rise to 4,761
TB outbreak: Johor Ramadan bazaar SOPs unchanged, says exco rep
Bersatu crisis: Raub, Lipis divisions dissolved today
Smooth traffic reported on several main highways as at 9.40pm
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Pahang Sultan, Tengku Ampuan express sadness, sympathy at Trooper Indiran's death
Perak urges use of reusable bags ahead of ban on single-use plastics
Ramadan bazaars: A beloved annual tradition for Malaysians
Bersatu appoints new task force to restructure divisions, wings
Madani govt component parties must strengthen cohesion to realise people's mandate, says Zaliha

Others Also Read