Missing MAS flight: I'm still at the beach, says owner of stolen Italian passport


KUALA LUMPUR: Luigi Maraldi, the Italian citizen, whose passport went missing while he was in Phuket last year, is surprised that his name turned up in the flight manifest of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

Speaking to The Star, the 37-year-old, who is currently in Phuket for a vacation, said he had met with the Thai police and immigration department, as well as the Italian embassy, following the discovery that his identity may had been stolen by an individual aboard the flight which went off the radar at 1.30am Saturday.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
KLIA , Missing flight , MAS , MH370 , Passport , Luigi Maraldi

Next In Nation

Smooth traffic reported on several main highways as at 9.40pm
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Pahang Sultan, Tengku Ampuan express sadness, sympathy at Trooper Indiran's death
Perak urges use of reusable bags ahead of ban on single-use plastics
Ramadan bazaars: A beloved annual tradition for Malaysians
Bersatu appoints new task force to restructure divisions, wings
Madani govt component parties must strengthen cohesion to realise people's mandate, says Zaliha
US tariff ruling lifts market sentiment, positive for M'sian markets, say economists
Amanah looks at contesting 20 seats in Johor polls, subject to talks within PH, says state party chief
Fire razes 10 houses in Kota Belud, families moved to relief centre

Others Also Read