Pastor’s son fears father was kidnapped to be murdered - Nation | The Star Online
X Close


Pastor’s son fears father was kidnapped to be murdered

PETALING JAYA: The son of abducted Pastor Raymond Koh has filed a second police report on the suspicion that his father has been kidnapped to be murdered by the abductors.

In his report at the Kelana Jaya police station yesterday, Jonathan said it has been 14 days since the first missing person report was lodged and despite the reward offered, the family received no information or any ransom demand.

Jonathan said the report was lodged based on Section 364 of the Penal Code, which is kidnapping or abduction for murder – a crime punishable by death or imprisonment for a term that may extend to 30 years.

If not sentenced to death, the criminals are also liable to be caned.

Jonathan described his father’s abduction on Feb 13 as a “professional operation” based on a closed circuit television (CCTV) recording of the abduction, which has been handed over to the police.

He appealed to the police to conduct a thorough investigation to arrest the abductors.

The recording obtained by the family showed a well-executed operation by masked men in seven vehicles, including two motorcycles.

It showed three black or dark-coloured vehicles forcing the Honda Accord that Koh was driving to a stop at Jalan SS4b/10 in Kelana Jaya. The vehicles boxed him in, with one stopping in front, another by the side and a third right behind him.

The men from the three vehicles dashed out and a split second later a sedan pulled up just behind the last car blocking Koh’s Honda.

Even before the sedan came to a complete halt, the front passenger door opened and a man dashed out and joined the melee.

The footage showed a commotion around Koh’s Honda Accord before a fifth car stopped further behind and a man jumped out from the front passenger seat.

He immediately gestured for a Myvi, driven by a member of the public, to back off from the scene.

The Myvi was seen reversing some 50 feet or more and a motorcyclist stopped in front of it.

The other motorcyclist was seen riding around as if to maintain perimeter around the scene of the abduction.

Then, all the cars, including Koh’s Honda were seen speeding away.

The whole episode took less than a minute.

Koh, 62, was abducted while on his way to a friend’s house in Kelana Jaya. Police found the Honda car’s number plate on the road at the scene.

According to a resident in the area, his wife was washing clothes in the porch when she heard a loud bang.

“She thought it was an accident and saw a commotion before the cars drove off,” he said.

The family is offering a reward of up to RM100,000 for the safe return of Koh.