Singapore says no official word on Forest City project in Johor



SINGAPORE: Singapore has yet to receive official confirmation from Malaysia on two land reclamation projects in the Straits of Johor.

Local television Channel News Asia (CNA) reported Second Minister for Foreign Affairs Grace Fu as saying in Parliament on Monday that a finalised Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) report had also not been received.

Fu's response comes after media reports on both sides of the Causeway said Malaysia had given approval to developers of the two projects to re-start work.

Reports said the Forest City Project had been given the green light to re-start work, although the project's total size would be reduced.

Another project, called the Princess Cove near the Causeway has also reportedly received the nod to re-start work.

Both projects were suspended last year, after Singapore voiced concerns on the potential transboundary impact.

Fu said both countries were obliged under international law to share EIA reports on all works prior to their commencement.

"We have not received the report and we are working with our Malaysian counterparts to obtain the report as soon as we can and will study the report seriously," CNA quoted her as saying. - Bernama


The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Man slashes another over parking space dispute in Cheras
Azam gives statement on shareholding issue to special probe panel
Sahur turns tragic as fire razes four homes in Kepala Batas
MACC detains T'ganu exco man in abuse of power probe
All four leaders expected to be at Perikatan Supreme Council meet today
SAR op ongoing for missing angler in Pontian
Miri man duped out of RM230,000 in fake investment scheme
Cops nab smash-and-grab suspect who targeted parked cars at MRT stations
Social media user hauled up over X post insulting Terengganu royal family
Domestic Trade Ministry mobilises 2,400 enforcement officers for Ops Pantau 2026

Others Also Read