X Close


Published: Wednesday March 5, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Wednesday March 5, 2014 MYT 11:16:04 AM

Couple found dead in fume-filled car

KUALA LUMPUR: A man and a woman, believed to be a couple, were found dead in their silver Mercedes Benz of an apparent suicide at Taman Metropolitan Batu in Kampung Batu, Sentul.

Park security guard Faris Izham Kamaruddin, 21, said he had spotted the couple arriving at around noon yesterday.

Five hours later, a few joggers came shouting for help. He then found the couple sprawled motionless inside the vehicle, which was filled with black smoke.

“I took a fire extinguisher and smashed the back window. When I opened the door, the woman was breathing a bit but her face and eyes looked lifeless.

“I saw a pipe connecting their engine to the steering wheel. The smell of exhaust fumes was really strong,” Faris Izham said.

The male victim is believed to be in his 50s while the woman is believed to be in her mid-40s.

Fire and Rescue department officers as well as an ambulance arrived at 5.30pm and the two were pronounced dead.

Faris Izham said the couple had been frequenting the park for the last four months.

“They would come in the Mercedes or a black Proton Saga, either in the morning or evening. They would park the car by the lake and just talk. They never came out of their car,” he said.

Sentul OCPD ACP Zakaria Pagan said that the bodies had been sent to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital for a post-mortem.

Tags / Keywords: Family & Community, couple, mercedes, die


  1. A joyous Merdeka celebration
  2. Cops arrest 156 voluntary patrol members after state-level Merdeka procession
  3. Two youths killed in crash while racing in their Evo
  4. They acted like gangsters, IGP Khalid says of PPS
  5. Mei Fun: Police must arrest those behind attack on Guan Eng's home
  6. World champion still a dream for Chong Wei
  7. Proton offers sneak peek of new compact car
  8. Cops swoop in to arrest PPS members after Penang Merdeka parade
  9. 57 years of Malaysia
  10. Riot erupts after Sarawak-Perak football match in Kuching