Sabah ceases cross-border trade


KOTA KINABALU: Sabah is shutting down its eastern international boundaries to cross-border trade as part of measures to clamp down on southern Philippines-based kidnapping groups.

Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman said the decades-old barter trade activity at Sandakan and other east coast towns had been ordered to cease immediately.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
News , bureaus , cross-border trade , Sabah , Philippines , kidnap

Next In Nation

Man pleads not guilty to cruelty charge involving 'Rocky' the dog
Rocky’s alleged owner charged in court
Six individuals escape unharmed after tree falls on car
Haze: Six areas in Sarawak record unhealthy API readings as at 9am
MPE seeks stronger Malaysia-Laos trade ties via ASEAN+3 Summit
Singapore's cross-border Causeway Link buses from Newton, Queen Street to go cashless from Aug 20
Investigation papers on fatal immigration lorry crash submitted to AGC
Death of Rocky: No signs of gathering at court complex, situation calm
Do you know ... about the bubu?
Maha fair to focus on agri tech, innovation, says Minister

Others Also Read