Separatists renew attack on airport as Russia and Ukraine bicker


The damaged main terminal of the Donetsk Sergey Prokofiev International Airport is pictured during fighting between pro-Russian rebels and Ukrainian government forces at the Donetsk Sergey Prokofiev International Airport in Donetsk, eastern Ukraine, October 17, 2014. REUTERS/Shamil Zhumatov

KIEV (Reuters) - Pro-Russian separatists renewed attacks on Ukrainian forces at an airport complex in the east on Monday after Kiev launched a mass operation to reclaim lost ground there that Russia called a "strategic mistake".

Ukrainian officials said three soldiers had been killed and 66 wounded over the past 24 hours, during which they said they had returned battle lines at the airport outside Donetsk to the status quo under a much violated international peace plan.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Others Also Read