Home > News > World
Thursday April 17, 2014 MYT 5:30:02 AM
Thursday April 17, 2014 MYT 5:30:58 AM
ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigeria's military said on Wednesday its forces had freed most of the schoolgirls abducted by Islamist Boko Haram militants, and were continuing the search for eight students still missing.
"With this development, the Principal of the school has confirmed that only 8 of the students are still missing," armed forces spokesman Major General Chris Olukolade said in a statement sent to media. He did not specify exactly how many of the girls had been rescued, but said one of the "terrorists" involved in the abduction had been captured.
(Reporting by Isaac Abrak and Chijioke Ohuocha; Editing by Pascal Fletcher)
Large companies in Greece offer salaries in cash during bank shutdown
Air strikes kill nearly 100 in Yemen, cast shadow on truce talks
Merkel says Greek proposals must be put on the table this week
Russia's Putin, IMF's Lagarde discuss Greece on phone
Celebrate Raya in style with GEMFIVE
The 3 unexpected life events that leave us in debt
Stopping the yellowfin
Evidence mounting that Wawrinka belongs to elite
Seeking divine blessings
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)