Home > News > Nation
Friday September 5, 2014 MYT 1:50:00 PM
Friday September 5, 2014 MYT 2:13:35 PM
PETALING JAYA: PAS deputy president Mohamed Sabu said the nomination of three PAS exco members for the Selangor Mentri Besar post is not the party stand.
"The committee, on Aug 17, unanimously agreed to nominate Datuk Seri Wan Azizah Wan Ibrahim and Azmin Ali for the position. I was not informed of their names being excluded from the list.
"Media reports also mentioned that secretary-general Datuk Mustafa Ali acknowledged the listing of a PAS Exco member for candidate.
"We, however, are not aware of this as it was not decided in the meetings," he said in a statement on Friday.
Mat Sabu stressed that in the party Executive Committee meeting on Aug 25, everyone agreed that the names decided on in the Aug 17 meeting would be submitted to the Selangor Sultan.
On Sept 4, Mustafa Ali confirmed that party president Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang had sent three names for the MB post.
Mustafa said that were three nominations as the palace had instructed all parties to submit more than two names.
Tags / Keywords:
Politics, PAS, Selangor MB crisis, Mat Sabu
Dr M: Return to the right path
Japan students on hunger strike over security bills
Sri Gading PAS Youth members quit en masse
Zahid Hamidi: Stay loyal to Umno even if leadership changes
Muhyiddin responds to calls for his resignation, reiterates loyalty to Umno
Bersih 4: All calm in Kota Kinabalu
Bersih 4: Protestors told to vacate Dataran Merdeka area
Bersih 4: Police satisfied with conduct of participants so far
Bersih 4: We have no intention of toppling government, says Wong Chin Huat.
Bersih 4: Crowds disperse from rally areas
Five unusual ways to build endurance for a marathon
Chua: Treasury to look into the matter following appeals
Penang hawker food at half price for breakfast and lunchtime
Mourinho aims dig at Chelsea performance and spirit
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)