TripAdvisor for the second-year running has come up with a list of Traveller’s Choice awards for Attractions.
KUALA LUMPUR and Penang dominate the Malaysia landmarks list in TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice awards for Attractions. KL accounts for three, while Penang accounts for four of the Top 10 landmarks.
Petronas Twin Towers continues to impress travellers ranking first in Malaysia for the second year. According to a TripAdvisor traveller, “This is a must for tourists to Kuala Lumpur and especially those who love a view and are fascinated by architectural splendour.”
The awards highlight the top landmarks around the globe. In the second year of the awards for these categories, 929 winners were identified, including the top 25 in the world and dedicated lists for Asia, Australia, Canada, China, Europe, India, Mexico, South America, the South Pacific, Britain and the United States.
Top 10 Malaysian Landmarks
1. Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur
2. Putrajaya Mosque, Putrajaya
3. Dharmikarama Burmese Temple, Penang
4. Putra Bridge, Putrajaya
5. Kek Lok Si Temple, Penang
6. Menara Tower, Kuala Lumpur
7. Thean Hou Temple, Kuala Lumpur
8. Cheng Hoong Teng Temple, Malacca
9. Old Protestant Cemetery, Penang
10. Wat Chayamangkalaram, Penang
Top 10 Asian Landmarks
1. Taj Mahal, Agra, India
2. Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia
3. Bayon Temple, Siem Reap, Cambodia
4. Shwedagon Pagoda, Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
5. Great Wall at Mutianyu, Beijing, China
6. Golden Temple - Harmandir Sahib, Amritsar, India
7. Meherangarh Fort, Jodhpur, India
8. Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho), Bangkok, Thailand
9. Amber Fort and Palace, Jaipur, India
10. Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest), Paro, Bhutan
Singapore Botanic Gardens came in first place out of top 25 Asia parks. Nine of the top 25 parks in Asia are found in Japan, closely followed by China with 8 winners. According to a TripAdvisor traveller, “This place is absolutely lush and well-kept – one of the best gardens I have seen on my travels.”
Top 10 Asian Parks
1. Singapore Botanic Gardens, Singapore
2. Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park, Hiroshima, Japan
3. Nan Lian Garden, Hong Kong, China
4. Lumpini Park, Bangkok, Thailand
5. Kenrokuen Garden, Kanazawa, Japan
6. Nara Park, Nara, Japan
7. Jingshan Park (Yingshan Gongyuan), Beijing, China
8. Hong Kong Park, Hong Kong, China
9. Beihai Park (Beihai Gongyuan), Beijing, China
10. Riverside Promenade (Bingjiang Da Dao), Shanghai, China
Travellers’ Choice awards honour top travel spots worldwide based on the millions of valuable reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor travellers. Award winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews for landmark and park attractions worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period.
Go to www.tripadvisor.com.my/TravelersChoice-Attractions for the complete list of winners from the 2014 Travellers’ Choice Attractions, as well as reviews and candid traveller photos.
We're sorry, this article is unavailable at the moment. If you wish to read this article, kindly contact our Customer Service team at 1-300-88-7827. Thank you for your patience - we're bringing you a new and improved experience soon!