Boulben withdraws from race for Orange CEO post, le Figaro reports


FILE PHOTO: The logo of French telecoms operator Orange is seen on the facade of a store in Paris, France, February 16, 2021. REUTERS/Sarah Meyssonnier

PARIS (Reuters) - Verizon Chief Revenue Officer Frank Boulben has written to the board of Orange withdrawing from the race to head the French telecom firm, Le Figaro reported on Saturday.

Sources told Reuters earlier this month that Boulben was one of three people on a shortlist of possible candidates. The others are Orange's Chief Financial Officer Ramon Fernandez and Schneider Electric's head for Europe, Christel Heydemann, who also sits on Orange's board.

Le Figaro wrote that Heydemann "seemed on track to succeed Stephane Richard" but that a board meeting to decide on the post has been moved from Monday to Jan. 28.

Earlier this month, financial daily Les Echos reported that finance minister Bruno Le Maire favoured Heydemann for the post.

The French state has a 23% stake in Orange and has the final say on who runs the firm.

Orange, France's biggest telecoms operator, said in November it would find a successor to its Chairman and CEO Stephane Richard by Jan. 31 after a Paris appeal court convicted him of complicity of misuse of public funds.

(Reporting by GV De Clercq; Editing by Catherine Evans)

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

   

Next In Tech News

Elon Musk drops out of US$200bil club again as Tesla tumbles
Google marks 15 years of Street View
How autonomous drones could help make cities even ‘smarter’
New tool seeks to protect journalists from online hate
Twitter users told to watch for scam messages about verified accounts
Bitcoin and crypto prices are extremely volatile ` What to do when they’re crashing
Is 'Fearless Girl' the new symbol of women in the world of crypto?
Lyft to slow hiring, assess budget cuts
SG fashion brand fined S$24,000 over 2019 data breach involving over 5,500 customers
McAfee CEO Peter Leav to step down, Greg Johnson to take over

Others Also Read