KAJANG: Three workers cleaning a sewerage manhole here died after inhaling poisonous gas yesterday.
They were only identified as Mohd Ramli, 42, Sulaiman, 26, and Petra, 20. All three were Indonesians.
Witnesses said that during the 5pm incident, Sulaiman and Petra heard cries for help from Ramli who had entered the manhole in Tana Seri Cheras to do maintenance work.
The two entered the manhole but the fumes also killed them.
An Indah Water Konsortium worker who found the bodies alerted the police.
Kajang OCPD Asst Comm Rusli Mohd Nizam said with the help of Fire and Rescue personnel, the three victims were pulled out about an hour later.
Their bodies were sent to Serdang Hospital for post mortem, ACP Rusli said, adding that the trio were IWK sub-contractors.