TO meet the expected rise in demand for groceries online during the coming full nationwide lockdown, Lazada has strengthened its logistics operations to empower local grocers with 24-to-48-hour delivery services, while also supporting homebound communities with millions of daily free shipping vouchers on essential items.
Online shoppers can have easy access to ample supplies of fresh vegetables, fruits, meat, seafood, cooking ingredients and everyday essentials from thousands of local grocers specially curated on Lazada’s Shop From Home page.
Millions of free shipping vouchers* are also supplied on the page every day and restocked on a daily basis at midnight to provide economic aid for Malaysians to get necessities online, while select stores on the page provide same-day, next-day and 48-hour deliveries* in the Klang Valley (*terms and conditions apply).
“After more than a year of battling the Covid-19 pandemic, Malaysians have grown even more accustomed to shopping online for everyday essentials, as evidenced by grocery purchases on Lazada tripling year-on-year during MCO 3.0, ” said Lazada Malaysia chief business officer Sherry Tan.
“Since last year, the number of local grocers who have digitalised through Lazada to future-proof their business has nearly doubled too.
“We stand ready to continuously connect thousands of homegrown grocers with more than one-third of the local population shopping on the Lazada app every month.”
Lazada Malaysia chief logistics officer Olivier Petra said: “During this crucial time, we are prioritising the delivery fulfilment of essential items, such as fresh produce, face masks, hand sanitisers, household goods, baby supplies and pet supplies.
“Homebound Malaysians can rest easy knowing that we will ensure their groceries are delivered fast and on time throughout the upcoming total lockdown.
“We urge the local community to make use of the daily free shipping vouchers provided to shop safely from home and help curb the spread of Covid-19.
“We are also conducting contactless delivery for the safety and peace of mind of all our customers and staff.”
Having served the local community valiantly since last year, grocers with exceptional performance and product quality have gained the trust of the local online shopping community, as seen from the high positive ratings (see below).
Some of the local-favourite grocers on the Shop From Home page include:
• Cameron Farmers (95% positive seller rating): Farm-to-table seller offers fresh vegetables.
• Fully Fishery (97% positive seller rating): Seafood merchant offers salmon, cod, shellfish, etc.
• Panjang Kee Chicken (99% positive seller rating): Store offers free-range poultry and eggs.
• Sejadi (96% positive seller rating): Store offers vacuum-packed meat and ready-to-eat meals.
• GST Fresh Mart (96% positive seller rating): Merchant offers frozen beef, lamb, mutton, etc.
• Fruit.Co (95%% Positive Seller Rating): Fruits seller offers mangoes, pomegranates, etc.
• Chop Tong Guan (95% positive seller rating): Fruits seller offers apples, oranges, berries, etc.
• ifresh (95% positive seller rating): Convenience store offers condiments, sauces, spices, etc.
• Kawan Food (98% positive seller rating): Convenience store offers frozen wraps, buns, etc.
• Grocery Store (over 200,000 followers): LazMall flagship store offers household supplies.
“We believe it is the responsibility of all platform operators to support our local businesses in times like this, ” said Lazada Malaysia chief operating officer Darren Rajaratnam.
“For those who need support, our doors are open. Our ongoing Pakej Pintar Niaga aims to help you set up your online store at zero cost. We stand ready to support you."
The Pintar Niaga stimulus package offers 0% commission and listing fees for micro, small and medium-size enterprises (MSMEs), while providing them easy access to Lazada University’s comprehensive step-by-step training, Seller Centre’s innovative tools, free RM300 advertising credits, free high-traffic exposure slots, one-month free shipping incentives, 90-day dedicated support, and more.