LOS ANGELES: American sprint star Marion Jones, trying to get her career back on track but boycotted by most European track meets last year, will compete this summer at Hengelo and Brussels, her agent said on Friday.
She will have her first European race at Hengelo (on May 28) and at least one other at Brussels (on August 25), Charles Wells told AFP, adding that he was in talks with organisers of the Golden League meet in Paris.
I'm about to make a proposal to Paris and we'll see what they come back to me with, Wells said.
Jones, who returned to competition at a meeting in Mexico last Saturday, recording an impressive time of 11.06, will run as many European races as possible and also race in both the 100m and 200m sprints at the June 22-25 US championships, he added.
Jones, who has battled unsubstantiated doping insinuations raised by the BALCO steroid distribution investigation, was largely blackballed by the organisers of European athletics meets last season.
In February of this year, Jones settled a defamation lawsuit against Victor Conte, the BALCO laboratory founder who was convicted of illegal steroid distribution.
Jones, a triple Olympic gold medallist from the 2000 Olympics and four-time world champion (winning two 100m golds, one 200m title and a 4x100m crown), had sued Conte for US$25mil over his claims that she had taken banned substances but reached an out-of-court settlement.
She has consistently denied using performance-enhancing drugs and has never tested positive. AFP