Ralf: Nothing can keep me from Monza


BERLIN: Formula One world championship contender Ralf Schumacher said on Monday there was no reason why he could not race at Monza on Sunday for the Italian Grand Prix despite his bad crash during testing last week. 

“Nothing at the moment is standing in the way of my participation,” said the BMW Williams driver, who wants to close the 14-point gap on elder brother Michael Schumacher, at the top of the championship. 

The German driver said that despite feeling lightheaded at times he was all fired up to compete. 

“In principle I feel totally in form and I'm fired up to get back into the car,” said the 28-year-old. 

“I can't complain,” said Schumacher on his website, who has to undergo two medical tests before being given the green light. 

He added that the team had established that the collapse of the rear wheel suspension was behind the crash. 

“I'm sure that measures have been taken to ensure that such an accident won't happen again.”– AFP 

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers