Klose says Dortmund and Bayern chasing his signature


  • Other Sport
  • Saturday, 29 Mar 2003

BERLIN: Kaiserslautern's German international striker Miroslav Klose revealed on Thursday that he has received offers from Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund. 

But the 24-year-old marksman said that he was weighing up the options and would be making a decision on his future shortly. 

“I've had two offers from Bayern and Dortmund,” admitted Klose, as he joined the German team in training ahead of today's Euro 2004 qualifier against Lithuania. 

“I'll have talks with Rene Jaggi (Kaiserslautern president) next week, after which we'll see things more clearly. Everything else is just speculation,” added Klose. 

Italian league leaders Juventus are also reported to be interested in signing the German this summer, according to Thursday's Gazzetta dello Sport

Juventus' transfer mastermind Luciano Moggi is reported to be lining up a bid for the forward, who scored five goals in last year's World Cup in South Korea and Japan. 

Other clubs believed to be in the hunt for the striker include English Premiership giants Manchester United. 

Klose, who was born in Poland, has a contract with Kaiserslautern until 2005, but the Bundesliga club, who are just 11th in the league table, may be forced to sell their prized asset due to financial difficulties. – AFP  

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Across the site