Perak head for Moroccan stint


  • Other Sport
  • Thursday, 16 Jan 2003

By PETER CHAN

IPOH: Premier One champions Perak leave for Morocco today for a two-week stint ahead of the new M-League season, which begins on Feb 9. 

They will play two games in Morocco against top clubs from the African league and move to Dubai for another match. 

Team manager Datuk Jamal Nasir Rasdi said the trip was made possible with the help of ex-Penang striker Merzagua Abderrazak, who was in Ipoh recently. 

Jamal added that Merzagua would also recommend a few Moroccan players for Perak to consider hiring. 

“If they are impressive, we may well see at least one Moroccan donning Perak’s colours this season,” said Jamal. 

Two Brazilian will also join the team of 22 players for the stint in Morocco. 

Perak, who were the FA Cup runners-up and Malaysia Cup losing semi-finalists last year, intend to hire a defender and a striker to fill up the quota of two foreigners in the team. 

Croatian centreback Josko Farac, who played for Perak last year, will also be with the team for the tour of Morocco. 

“Farac, whose contract was not renewed last year, is trying hard to be retained by us. We are giving him a chance to prove his worth by including him in the team for the tour,” said Jamal. 

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Across the site