China to play full-strength Brazil next month


BEIJING: China will play a full-strength Brazil on Feb 12 at the 80,000 capacity Guangdong Olympic Centre, promoters confirmed yesterday. 

“We are pleased to have confirmed Brazil for China,” said ProEvents chairman Paul Kam. “We are thrilled to able to bring the world champions to China and we naturally are expecting a capacity crowd.” 

The World Cup holders will field a full-strength squad including Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos and Cafu. 

The match in Guangzhou, capital of China’s southern Guangdong province, will prove a baptism of fire for new Chinese coach Arie Haan, who will be taking charge of the team for the first time at home. 

It will also be the first match at the helm for recently appointed Brazilian coach Carlos Parreira. 

The Beijing Youth Daily earlier this month said Brazil, who beat China 4-0 en route to lifting the World Cup last year, will be paid US$1.25 million to play. – AFP  

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers