SIC will still send riders to Spain


PETALING JAYA: Sepang International Circuit (SIC) has no plans to drop the proposal to send young riders to compete in the FIM CEV Championship in Spain although Europe is struggling to contain the Covid-19 pandemic.

Complicating matters is the current situation in the country where visitors to Europe will need to go through quarantine protocol.

SIC chief executive officer Azhan Shafriman Hanif said they would continue to push through for their plan to take shape as they have already discussed the matter with the Youth and Sports Ministry before the movement control order (MCO) came into effect last week.

“We will wait until MCO is over and discuss again with the ministry and the Malaysian Immigration on how to send our development riders to compete in Spain, ” said Azhan. The CEV Championship is the development series for MotoGP and is scheduled to kick off in March.

Malaysia entered three riders for the series last year – Adam Norrodin in Moto2, Syarifuddin Azman in the Moto3 World Junior Championship and Mohd Sharul Ezwan Sharil in European Talent Cup (ETC).

SIC is expected to retain all three depending on the budget allocation.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Next In Motorsport

FIA reveals details of Grosjean crash and planned improvements
Motor racing: FIA extends Pirelli's F1 tyre deal by one year to 2024
No promises have been made by Mercedes, says Russell
WADA checking out Haas F1 car's 'Russian flag' livery
Helmi’s new target: Win back-to-back CP150 titles
Azerbaijan Grand Prix to go ahead without spectators
Portugal takes vacant May 2 slot on F1 calendar
Aston Martin boss Stroll has big plans for F1 team and brand
Schumacher name gives me motivation every day, says Mick
Aitken stays on as Williams F1 reserve

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers