Soccer-Conte says he underestimated recovery period after gallbladder surgery


Soccer Football - Champions League - Tottenham Hotspur Press Conference - Tottenham Hotspur Training Centre, London, Britain - March 7, 2023 Tottenham Hotspur manager Antonio Conte during the press conference Action Images via Reuters/Paul Childs

(Reuters) - Tottenham Hotspur boss Antonio Conte said he underestimated the recovery period after his gallbadder surgery which kept him out of action for a month and the Italian cannot wait to return to the touchline when they host AC Milan in the Champions League.

Conte underwent emergency surgery but made a quick return to the dugout last month before doctors advised him to rest and recover again as he watched Spurs games from home while his assistant Cristian Stellini took charge of the team.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Football

Soccer-Crystal Palace fined over provocative fan banner
Soccer-New boss Tudor '100%' certain Tottenham will avoid relegation from Premier League
Soccer-Carrick sidesteps Ratcliffe immigration row, reinforces Man Utd's values
Soccer-City's Guardiola shrugs off tightening title race, saying 12 games is an eternity
Soccer-Bayern boss Kompany blasts Mourinho over Vinicius racism row response
Soccer-MLS in the spotlight in World Cup year as Messi's Miami begin title defence
Soccer-Turkey detains 32 suspects in widening betting probe, prosecutor's office says
Soccer-Perfect start for Pereira as Forest enjoy record win at Fenerbahce
Coach Hazman wants quick response from Terengganu after Malaysia Cup blow
Proud Munoz salutes JDT’s fighting spirit in ACLE triumph

Others Also Read