PETALING JAYA: The Malaysian Football League (MFL) have decided to withdraw their lawsuit against Telekom Malaysia (TM).
Last year, the MFL signed a whopping RM480mil deal with TM for an eight-year deal, which would see Super League sides receiving RM3mil each and Premier League teams getting RM1.5mil each.
But TM failed to meet their obligations, forcing the then MFL chairman Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim to file a lawsuit on March 21.
However, new MFL chairman Datuk Hamidin Mohd Amin in a statement said that their board of directors have agreed to withdraw the lawsuit following a meeting recently.
Hamidin said the decision to retract the suit against TM relating to broadcasting rights payment demonstrates the sportsmanship spirit that exists between the M-League organisers and the telecommunications giant.
“I confirm that MFL have agreed to withdraw the suit against TM... they are not a foreign entity in the local football scene.
“They have been with us in 2015 when we were known as Football Malaysia Limited Liability Partnership (FMLLP).
“I believe we can find a common ground for mutual good, ” said Hamidin.
“They are also the sponsors of the Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) since 2000, ” added Hamidin, who was elected as chairman last month.
“I am optimistic that this decision will enable MFL and TM to have a stronger relationship which will translate into a conducive environment which Malay-sian football fans want.
“We also want to deliver a message that corporate companies can work hand in hand in developing football in the country.”