PETALING JAYA: They never learn!
It’s the same old script in the M-League with teams flouting the rules again.
This time, four Super League teams are in danger of being docked points and slapped with a transfer ban – for failing to comply with registration procedures for the 2019 season.
And M-League organisers Football Malaysia Limited Liability Partnership (FMLLP) are set to crack the whip again.
FMLPP chief executive officer Kevin Ramalingam said four teams failed to respond despite repeated reminders to provide statements of players’ salaries, contributions to Employees Provident Fund (EPF), income tax and Social Security Organisation (Socso) till November 2017.
He added that the teams were supposed to submit the documents before Dec 31 last year and were given an extension until Feb 3 but they have yet to respond to the reminders.
“I can’t name these teams yet. We don’t know what are their problems ... they are not communicating with us,” said Kevin.
“Without knowing their problems we can’t help them and at the same time we are forced to assume that they have failed to make the payments since they could not provide the records or proofs.
“The submission of these documents has always been a requirement in the M-League for years, so I don’t understand why these teams are reluctant to cooperate with us.”
Last year, Super League sides Kelantan, T-Team and Premier League outfits Armed Forces and Perlis were docked six points each for a similar offence.
“We have taken action against teams last season for the same offence but it seems some of them have yet to learn from it,” said Kevin.
“We’re very disappointed with their attitude. We don’t want to punish teams but it seems that some parties are not willing to move forward.
“It took us a longer time to take action last year because of the Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) elections and the changes it brought into the FMLLP board but we’ll take action soon against these teams this year.”