Pakistan suspends flagship cricket tournament after COVID-19 cases among teams


LAHORE, Pakistan (Reuters) - Pakistan is suspending its flagship cricket tournament that started last month after seven team personnel tested positive for COVID-19, the cricket board said in a statement on Thursday.

"The health and wellbeing of all participants is paramount," the statement said, adding the decision to suspend the HBL Pakistan Super League 6 with immediate effect was made following a meeting with the team owners.

It added that the decision was made after seven cases were reported in the competition, which started on Feb. 20.

(Reporting by Mubasher Bukhari; Editing by Himani Sarkar)

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Next In Cricket

Red-hot Rizwan leads Pakistan to T20 victory over South Africa
Kohli says Patel has ended Bangalore's death-overs woes
Bangalore stun champions Mumbai as IPL begins with an upset
London Mayor eyeing ambitious bid to bring IPL to English shores
Blow for South Africa as captain Bavuma to miss Pakistan T20 series
India's Tendulkar leaves hospital after being treated for COVID-19
Conway included in New Zealand test squad for England tour
Cricket-In-form Fakhar leads Pakistan to ODI series win v S Africa
T20 World Cup in India on track despite pandemic woes, says ICC
Cricket-Former England women's stumper Taylor signs up for The Hundred

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers