You have searched for "Sulpicio"
Showing 1-10 of 35
News highlights from Asean countries in the Star-AseanPlus section for Tuesday (Feb 25)
MANILA (Philippine Daily Inquirer/Asia News Network): The Department of Justice (DOJ) has asked a Manila court to overturn its decision absolving an executive of Sulpicio Lines from criminal liabilities in connection with the 2008 sinking of MV Princess of the Stars that left more than 800 people dead.
A lawyer for the families of victims of a 2008 Philippines ferry disaster vowed Saturday to challenge the dismissal of a criminal case against a shipping company executive.
MANILA (Philippine Daily Inquirer/Asia News Network): The Manila City Regional Trial Court has dismissed the criminal case against one of the officials of Sulpicio Lines in connection with the 2008 sinking of M/V Princess of the Stars.
MANILA, March 26 (The Philippine Inquirer/ANN) - President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered the investigation of local officials who got themselves vaccinated against COVID-19 ahead of health workers, the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) said on Thursday.
CEBU, Philippines (AFP) - Philippine rescuers battled rough seas Sunday in a bleak search for 85 people missing in the country's latest ferry disaster, but hopes were fading of finding any survivors.
CEBU, Philippines (Reuters) - Worsening weather and sea conditions on Saturday forced the Philippines to suspend a search for survivors of a ferry disaster that killed at least 32 people and left 170 missing, authorities said.
MANILA (Reuters) - Toxic chemicals on a ferry that sank with more than 860 people on board last month in the central Philippines have not seeped out, but officials said on Friday they would maintain a fishing ban in nearby waters.