Search


You have searched for "Penang Ramp Collapse"

Showing 1-10 of 24

Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Relevance


Nation 31 Aug 2013 | 4:18 PM

Penang ramp collapse: Works resume, Second Penang Bridge to open in October

GEORGE TOWN: Construction works on the collapsed Batu Maung Interchange section of the Second Penang Bridge has resumed after obtaining approval from the Occupational Safety and Health Department and the Penang Island Municipal Council.

Nation 06 Jul 2013 | 7:29 PM

Penang ramp collapse: Investigations complete, contractor negligence to blame, says Dr Johari Basri

KUCHING: Investigations into the collapse of the second Penang Bridge ramp, which caused one death, has indicated "shortcomings" by the contractor, said Occupational Health and Safety director general Datuk Dr Johari Basri.

Nation 12 Jun 2013 | 7:30 AM

Penang ramp collapse: Rescue works SOP should be modified, says Guan Eng

GEORGE TOWN: The Penang Government wants the standard operating procedure (SOP) for rescue works to be modified following the collapse of the ramp leading to the still-under-construction Penang Second Bridge last week.

Nation 12 Jun 2013 | 7:30 AM

Penang ramp collapse: Family of victim can seek legal action, says Dep Works Minister

GEORGE TOWN: The family of the victim of the collapsed ramp of the Second Penang Bridge on the Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu Highway have the right to legal action against the responsible parties.

Nation 09 Jun 2013 | 12:13 PM

Penang ramp collapse: Legal action will be taken against those responsible, says DOSH

GEORGE TOWN: Court action will be taken against those responsible for the collapse of the ramp in Batu Maung connecting the second Penang Bridge.

Nation 09 Jun 2013 | 12:00 AM

Penang ramp collapse: Search and rescue at collapse site called off

GEORGE TOWN: The search and rescue operation for victims feared trapped under the rubble of the collapsed section of a ramp at the second Penang bridge has been called off.

Nation 09 Jun 2013 | 12:00 AM

Penang ramp collapse: JKSB - Bridge met all safety aspects

GEORGE TOWN: Concessionaire Jambatan Kedua Sdn Bhd (JKSB) has assured that every safety procedure and precaution was met in the construction of the second Penang bridge, which was close to completion before one of its ramp structures collapsed on Thursday.

Nation 08 Jun 2013 | 7:30 AM

Penang ramp collapse: Tracker dogs deployed at scene

GEORGE TOWN: Four tracker dogs from the K9 unit from KL were deployed Saturday morning at the bridge ramp collapse scene to sniff out possible victims.

Nation 08 Jun 2013 | 7:30 AM

Penang ramp collapse: Victim laid to rest

IPOH: Ramp collapse victim Tajudin Zainal Abidin, 46, was buried at about 3am Saturday at the Masjid Batu 38 cemetery in Bukit Merah, Taiping.

Nation 08 Jun 2013 | 7:30 AM

Penang ramp collapse: No indication of any more victims, search called off (updated)

GEORGE TOWN: The search and rescue operation for victims under the rubble of a collapsed section of a ramp at the Second Penang Bridge's Batu Maung interchange was called off at 6pm Saturday.