Search


You have searched for "Ahmad Zaini Othman"

Showing 71-80 of 173

Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Relevance


MBSB eyes 9% loan growth

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Building Society Bhd (MBSB) aims for 8%-9% loan growth this year compared to 12% last year on expectations of a more challenging financial and economic landscape.

MBSB sticks to its plan to be a commercial bank

Non-bank lender Malaysia Building Society Bhd (MBSB) will continue to “close all gaps” and move towards a commercial banking platform environment now that talks of a merger with CIMB Group Holdings Bhd and RHB Capital Bhd have fallen through.

CIMB, RHB Cap, MBSB merger confirmed called off

KUALA LUMPUR: Six months after first announcing plans for the biggest banking merger in recent history, the three financial institutions involved have decided to call off the deal, citing unfavourable economic conditions and the inability to “arrive at a value-creating transaction for all stakeholders”.

RM256mil project comprise a mall, commercial and residential units

MALACCA: The iconic tourist state is set to witness another skyscraper gilding the city view when an the RM256.5mil multi-storey mixed development by the Hatten Group is completed by the end of 2017.

MBSB profit soars on high operating income

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Building Society Bhd’s (MBSB) net profit for its third quarter ended Sept 30 rose 45% to RM192.37mil from RM132.72mil mainly as a result of higher operating income from Islamic banking operations and conventional business as well as lower impairment losses on loans, advances and financing.

CIMB Group-RHB Capital in share swap to form Asean financial powerhouse (Update)

KUALA LUMPUR: CIMB Group Holdings Bhd shareholders will own 70% of the merged CIMB-RHB Capital Group while RHB Capital shareholders will hold the remaining 30% under a proposed merger of the banking groups with Malaysia Building Society Bhd (MBSB)

MBSB profit jumps 41% on lower expenses

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Building Society Bhd’s (MBSB) net profit for its second quarter ended June 30, jumped 41% to RM232.86mil from RM165.11mil a year earlier due to lower impairment losses on loans, advances and financing, higher other income and lower other operating expenses.

Diary Malaysia Aug 7 Thursday

KUALA LUMPUR: ALL TIMES ARE PROVISIONAL AND IN LOCAL TIME FOLLOWED BY GMT IN BRACKETS

Banks enter into exclusivity agreement, ruling out competing bids

PETALING JAYA: CIMB Group Holdings Bhd, RHB Capital Bhd and Malaysia Building Society Bhd (MBSB) have announced that they had entered into a 90-day exclusivity agreement for a proposed merger of the three financial institutions and the creation of a mega Islamic bank.

RHB Cap, CIMB, MBSB plan to form mega Islamic bank (Update)

KUALA LUMPUR: CIMB Group Holdings Bhd, RHB Capital and Malaysia Building Society (MBSB) have received Bank Negara Malaysia's approval to start merger talks which would result in the creation of a mega Islamic bank.