Search


You have searched for "Smoke inhalation"

Showing 31-40 of 440

Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Relevance


AseanPlus News 24 Oct 2015 | 12:00 AM

Indonesia readies for evacuation

JAKARTA: Indonesia is preparing warships as a last resort to evacuate children and others suffering from smoke inhalation from slash-and-burn fires, a minister said, as the country struggles to contain fires expected to continue for weeks.

Nation 30 Jul 2011 | 12:00 AM

Man sets fire to hospital bed

KUALA LUMPUR: A schizophrenic, who was being treated at Kuala Lumpur Hospital, died of smoke inhalation after he is believed to have set his bed on fire.

Nation 02 May 2005 | 12:00 AM

Owner’s son dies in furniture factory fire

A teenager was found dead, believed to be from smoke inhalation, in the bathroom of a furniture factory when fire engulfed its storeroom at the Galla light industrial estate here yesterday.

Nation 30 Sep 2008 | 12:00 AM

Couple die in shophouse fire

Businessman Lee Hock Chai, 34 and his wife Hou Lee Mei, 25, were believed to have died of smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a shoplot in Simpang Renggam.

Nation 31 Mar 2012 | 12:00 AM

Three Chinese nationals die in Sarawak coal mine fire

KUCHING: Three Chinese nationals died of suspected smoke inhalation after a fire broke out inside the Lucky Hill coal mine in Abok, near Pantu, about 80km from Sri Aman.

World 01 Jul 2012 | 12:00 AM

Five miners die at Gold Fields mine in South Africa

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Five miners died from smoke inhalation at a Gold Fields mine in South Africa on Saturday as they worked underground, the company said on Sunday.

World 28 Apr 2018 | 2:02 PM

Dozens hospitalised as Myanmar battles week-long landfill fire

YANGON (Reuters) - Firefighters in Myanmar scrambled to put out a fire in a massive garbage dump on the edge of its largest city, Yangon, as foul-smelling smoke from the burning trash that injured dozens extended into its second week on Saturday.

Nation 09 Feb 2017 | 12:00 AM

Saved by sound of a smoke detector

PETALING JAYA: It has been more than 10 years since the beeping of a smoke detector woke Sarah Syahirah Abdul Hamid from bed, saving her life and her three siblings as a fire raged downstairs.

Living 19 Jan 2018 | 8:02 AM

Fire safety saves lives

Would you know what to do if a fire started in your home or workplace?

Community 24 Feb 2017 | 12:00 AM

Fire chief: Make sure you’re not living in a trap

FOR MOST people, their homes are their sanctuary.