Search


You have searched for "Socio-economic"

Showing 1011-1020 of 1029

Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Relevance


Business 17 Mar 2004 | 12:00 AM Premium

MAC2004 moved to May

THE second Malaysian AdCongress (MAC2004), originally scheduled for March 25 to 28, has been postponed to May 13 to 16.

Business 12 Mar 2004 | 12:00 AM Premium

Green productivity way to go for SMIs

SMALL- and medium-sized industries (SMIs) have been urged to adopt the green productivity (GP) methodology as an effective way of meeting new stringent quality standards set by different countries.

Business 02 Mar 2004 | 12:00 AM Premium

Malaysia to focus on non-bank financial institutions

MALAYSIA will now focus on the development of non-bank financial institutions (NBFIs) after the successful implementation of Islamic banking and the development of the Islamic capital market in the last 20 years, Second Finance Minister Tan Sri Nor Mohamed Yakcop said.

Business 24 Feb 2004 | 12:00 AM Premium

Priority projects to drive construction

ALTHOUGH the deferment of the RM14.5bil electrified double-tracking railway project in mid-December may have dampened sentiment in the construction sector, the investment community sees priority and essential projects, albeit on a smaller scale, helping to drive the sector.

Business 08 Jan 2004 | 12:00 AM Premium

LTAT in talks to gain full control of BP Malaysia

LEMBAGA Tabung Angkatan Tentera (LTAT) is in talks to gain full control of BP Malaysia Sdn Bhd, in which it already holds 30% equity interest, by buying the remaining 70% share held by its parent BP plc, the largest oil company in Europe.

Business 31 Dec 2003 | 12:00 AM Premium

Two major turnaround successes

It's a pleasure to feature our two CEOs today - Tan Sri Azman Hashim of AmBank Group and Datuk Abdul Wahid Omar of UEM Group. Azman is the great survivor and that's what a real entrepreneur is all about.

Business 30 Dec 2003 | 12:00 AM Premium

Bonds to remain vital source of funding

TODAY we feature three CEOs whose hallmark is professionalism. They are Datuk C. Rajandram of Rating Agency of Malaysia (RAM), Datuk Krishnan Tan of IJM Corp Bhd, and Dr A. Hapiz Abdullah of DuPont Malaysia Sdn Bhd.

Business 15 Dec 2003 | 12:00 AM Premium

Rise of wealth managers to meet demands of affluent customers

THE growth in affluent population and increasingly well-informed and knowledgeable consumers in the country have resulted in the rise of wealth managers and the wealth management business of banks.

Business 04 Dec 2003 | 12:00 AM Premium

Sarawak firms get RM334m job

TWO Sarawak-based companies have been awarded contracts worth RM334mil by the federal government for the state's coastal highway project in Mukah division.

Business 31 Oct 2003 | 12:00 AM Premium

Balanced development sought for states

TO promote a balanced development among states, efforts were taken to diversify the economic base, develop knowledge-based activities and provide a better social infrastructure, particularly for less developed states.