MOST, if not all, banks are not adhering strictly to Covid-19
preventive measures in areas where multiple ATMs are available.
1. There is no MySejahtera QR code anywhere, so bank customers scan and log into the app for contact tracing purposes.
2. There are no temperature scanners installed.
3. There are no sanitiser dispensers installed.
4. The number of customers allowed into the (usually fully enclosed) section each time is not regulated
5. The ATM machines are all placed close to each other and none are marked “do not use”, making physical distancing impossible.
This is made worse by the usually small, enclosed dedicated ATM area.
Bukit Mertajam, Penang
Did you find this article insightful?
89% readers found this article insightful