France prosecutors seek year with ankle bracelet for Russian consulate attackers


French firefighters and rescue forces work near the entrance of the Russian consulate in Marseille after the consul general confirmed there had been an explosion, in Marseille, France, February 24, 2025. REUTERS/Stringer

MARSEILLE (Reuters) - A French prosecutor is seeking a year of monitoring with an ankle bracelet for the two researchers accused of throwing explosive bottles over the perimeter wall and into the garden of the Russian consulate in Marseille on Monday, the Marseille prosecutor said on Thursday.

(Reporting by Marc Leras; Writing by Charlotte Van Campenhout; Editing by Makini Brice)

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

California avalanche: All nine victim bodies recovered
Two KLM aircraft collide on the ground at Schiphol Airport
Trump says he is sending a hospital ship to Greenland
OIC condemns statements by US ambassador to Israel
Trump hikes US global tariff rate to 15%
Australia rejects report it is repatriating families of IS militants from Syrian camp
5 bodies of migrants washed ashore in east of Libya's capital Tripoli, police officer says
Islamic State claims two attacks on Syrian army, announces ‘new phase’ of operations
German duo Nolte/Levi defend Olympic title in 2-woman bobsled
Medal table at Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics on February 21

Others Also Read